The representational state transfer (REST) API has emerged over the years to become a critical Web development tool for innovating UX, CX and more. The REST API is simply one of many ways to interconnect computer systems, and there are thousands available for use. Consider, for example, the WordPress REST API or Facebook’s GRAPH API.
Here at VoIP Innovations, our REST API exposes actions that help our customers’ apps interact with our telecommunication platform. For example, they can use the API to route SIP voice or video calls to any landline or mobile phone, automate calls, and send SMS messages.
Here are six other ways to use our REST API to your advantage:
- Local Numbers: Choose numbers from over 80 countries and 8,000 cities to receive calls immediately
- Call Center: Create your own cloud call center to avoid the hassles of slow, expensive upgrades and maintenance (cloud call centers have also been proven to reduce downtime, enhance analytics and increase agent assessment/training opportunities)
- SIP Trunking: Create and easily manage SIP trunks (the market is slated for an explosive 26% CAGR to top 50 million seats by 2021)
- Enterprise Unified Communications: Create SIP accounts and build your own UC system
- DIDs: Automate the ordering and configuration of your DID numbers (do a quick gut check on your current DID service with this comparative analysis)
- Fax: Use our REST API to build apps that allow you to send and receive faxes
In a world where companies have complete freedom to build the exact apps and services they need, ask yourself: how high can you raise the bar? Learn more about programmable telecoms here. If you're ready to give it a go yourself, you can sign up for a Developer Account by clicking the button below.