We now live in a world defined by proactive communications and anticipatory engagement. Having the right information at the right time is no longer good enough; customers want the brands they love to know them in and out, even better than they know themselves. In fact, by 2020 it’s expected that 57% of customers will depend on companies to know what they need before they ask for anything. As a result, artificial intelligence (AI) has emerged as a key way for companies to transform the customer experience.
Most consumers are aware of popular AI devices like Amazon Alexa and Google Home, but do they know all the other, subtler, ways they depend on AI in everyday life? Perhaps not. Here are six ways most of us engage with AI without thinking twice:
- Spotify: Over 70 million people enjoy listening to Spotify’s automated “Discover Weekly” playlist every day.
- Netflix: The service uses a range of machine-learning algorithms to tweak and improve the way it streams and presents content to over 100 million subscribers.
- Pandora: Pandora’s AI algorithm—based on 400 musical characteristics—helps recommend songs that would otherwise go unnoticed (the platform has over 75 million active subscribers).
- Nest: The smart thermostat, used by millions of homeowners, leverages behavioral algorithms to predictively learn from users’ heating and cooling patterns to anticipate and adjust temperature based on personal needs.
- Waze: Nearly 50 million people use Waze for its creative shortcuts and real-time updates, which are made possible through AI functionality. The app listens to feedback from drivers to compile massive data sets that allow people to get to and from locations as quickly as possible.
- Live chat customer service: Studies show that around 80% of customer queries are resolved by chatbots without any human intervention. That means most times we think we’re talking with a human being, we’re really engaging with a form of AI.
Interested in learning more about CPaaS at VI? Check out our latest webinar!