By 2021, it’s expected that companies will spend more per year on chatbot creation than traditional mobile app development. In fact, Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella declared in 2016 that “bots are the new apps.” Now more than ever, customers demand faster access to services, information and answers and companies are rising to the challenge by embedding custom communications into apps and services to create a contextual chatbot solution.
Here are five creative ways companies are driving customer experience with chatbot technology:
- Taco Bell’s Tacobot: Currently in private beta mode, Tacobot helps ever-busy taco lovers order even more quickly “to keep on keepin’ on.” Customers can chat with the bot about everything from Taco Bell’s menu to how the bot is feeling to what its favorite movie is.
- Aloft Hotels’ ChatBotlr: Guests can text service requests, ask for more information about their hotel, and even listen to the company’s “AloftLive” playlist via ChatBotlr. Early findings show that two-thirds of Aloft guests are interacting or making requests with the chatbot solution.
- Mitsuku: This award-winning solution touted as “the world’s best conversational chatbot” is known for its high level of anticipatory engagement and contextual awareness, making it a great example for companies looking to build a chatbot of their own.
- TfL’s travelBot: London's transport organization introduced this FB Messenger bot to help citizens discover timetables for buses and trains. Users can quickly learn about bus arrivals, bus route statuses and service updates with the option to escalate to a live agent if needed.
- Tommy Hilfiger’s GRL chatbot: The brand introduced TMY.GRL during Fashion Week 2016 as the first-ever “fashion bot.” The bot provided a real-time guided shopping experience through the brand’s new collection, while offering customers a behind-the-scene look at runway content.
Today, chatbots are being implemented to serve virtually any need. Ask yourself how your brand can make a greater impact with its own dynamic solution.
Interested in learning more about CPaaS at VI? Check out our latest webinar!