Today we’d like to share a post with you from Dave Smith. Some of you may think that name sounds familiar, and it should! Dave is one of our Porting Representatives and has been here for about 4 years now. Working the Porting Department has given Dave the chance to learn a ton of great things about numbers (DIDs). All day he fields questions from customers who are trying to manage their DIDs and from those experiences, he came up with a great topic to write about. The VoIP Innovations BackOffice has numerous features and functionalities and at times it could feel a little overwhelming to new customers who are navigating through it. Dave thought it would be a great idea to take a step back and look at a basic function that everyone should know how to do – Order Local DIDs.
Here are the step-by-step instructions:
- The first thing you want to do is dropdown the DIDs tab, hover over Order DIDs and then click Order Local/Toll Free DIDs.
- Once you’re on the Coverage Search page, you want to make sure that the Local DIDs option is selected.
- From here, go to the State/Province dropdown box and choose the state you wish to buy a DID in. Do the same for the Rate Center dropdown box that is right next to the State/Province box.
- The following step would be to input any specific NPA-NXX combo that you had in mind.
- Please note that if you want a specific word or phrase for this combo, we also have a Vanity DID Search option. To get there, simply select Vanity DID Search that is next to Coverage Search at the top of the section.
- If you wish to order multiple DIDs in sequential order, then check the Sequential DIDs box and enter the amount of numbers you want to order.
- Next, you’re going to select the features that you would like on your DID. Your options are T38, CNAM or SMS.
- When you make sure everything is correct, you can click Search.
- The next menu is where you have the option to View DIDs or Order DIDs
- View DIDs – These are numbers we currently have in stock.
- Order DIDs – We do not have any in stock, but you can still place an order based on Quantity Requirements.
- Once you have your desired DIDs selected you will add them to your Shopping Cart and click the Check Out button to proceed.
- You’ll be able to see all the details for your DID including the Network, Tier, Location, Pricing, Service Details, Features and Endpoint Group. You also have the ability to edit this information.
- Hit Check Out and you’re done!
See how easy that was! We know this is a very basic how-to article, but it’s necessary information that all customers should be aware of. If you’d like even more detailed instructions how to order Local DIDs, then please visit our Wiki article or check out the video tutorial below.