*Guest Post written by Suzanne Bowen from DIDX and TMCnet BlogsSince the days when DIDX became an Inc.com 500 | 5000 application partner, I've been an avid fan of the wise magazine and the highly coveted awards program. I especially browse the annual winners for companies that I know personally or that I want to meet. 2012 list is out, and guess who's on it in place number 744 out of 5000? VoIP Innovations! Congratulations. I knew them when they were Global Pops, but now, they are VoIP Innovations and are one of ABG Capital's portfolio companies.
Luckily, Jason Tapolci (pronounced Tapplesigh), President of VoIP Innovations and co-owner of ABG Capital, agreed to let me record a talk with him about his company and what's up.
VoIP Innovations is a wholesale VoIP origination and termination carrier for over 1,000 ITSP’s, Hosted PBX Providers, call centers, calling card providers, and carriers. They specialize in providing the largest DID and termination VoIP footprints in North America. Their network includes over 500,000 DIDs in stock in over 8,500 rate centers in the US and Canada. And recently, VoIP Innovations expanded their footprint to include DIDs in over 60 countries and they offer A-Z termination. What I really like is the refreshing confidence that is evident in their About us page: "In the Wholesale VoIP telecommunications industry, coverage is king. Partner with a Wholesale VoIP provider that has the power to build a kingdom."
I invite you to listen to the 18 minute audio podcast where we discuss the following:
- Quick history of VoIP Innovations
- Overview of their products and services
- The power of automation their Titanium III back office
- The fact that their DIDs can easily be E911 registered or one can bring in a third party footprint and have them registered
- In a nutshell explanation of the law according to E911 around 7:00.0
- A very enlightening story of the recent history of wholesale telecom that has caused prices to be almost as volatile as those of gas (mention of Verizon and Synapse Global (might not be spelled correctly)
- Huge growth in the number of mom and pop ITSPs and call centers with predictive dialers
- Mobile and communication trends such as SMS capabilities added to DIDs, voicemail has decreased at least 10 % and will decrease even more, anything that 4G enables rules
We both will be actively participating in ITEXPO West in Austin October 2 - 5, 2012. Meet them at booth 713! To find out their launch exclusively saved to begin at the conference and also what kind of fun item will be displayed at their booth, listen to the audio podcast.
I'll be at booth 227. Come by and see me, too. I will be connecting visitors interested in having mobile applications developed with an industry veteran. Plus, I'll be taking pictures, interviews, and videos to share via social media and networks for business such as on Linkedin, Pinterest, Twitter, TMCnet Monetizing IP Communications blog, and more.
Jason Tapolci and I both agree that ITEXPO events feel like a huge family reunion of 1000s with new brothers and sisters at each one. He made an interesting comment that I also can corroborate, "Everyone buys from who they sell to, and they sell to who they buy from."
*In addition to blogging at TMCnet.com, Suzanne is also a co-founder at Super Technologies. This company is known for its inventions such as Virtual Phone Line and DIDX and innovations such as RehanSchool and One Million Businesses by the other co-founder Rehan Ahmed (Rehan Allahwala), as early as 1999 pioneering use of spontaneous video interviews, audio podcasts, and social networks for business on Internet. To see Suzanne's full TMCnet Blog, please visit: http://blog.tmcnet.com/monetizing-ip-communications/