If your E911 services are not meeting your needs, it’s time to consider additional options. Your current provider might not offer the services, or you may not be happy with their pricing. Now let’s say you want to explore new providers, but don’t necessarily want to port your numbers to a new carrier. One way that VoIP Innovations can help you solve this is by offering Off-net E911 services to all our customers!
We designed our E911 services to support DIDs with E911 service, even if they are not on the VI network. This allows the calling party to broadcast any caller ID they want while ensuring that the 911 operator receives the correct address information.
Off-net E911 registration works the exact same way an On-net E911 registration does. You would log in the VI BackOffice and register the DID with E911 service. This gets registered into a 911 database so that the 911 operator receives the correct address information from the caller.
Choosing to do an Off-net E911 registration can also be helpful during the number porting process. While a DID is waiting to port to VI, customers can register it as an Off-net registration. When the port completes, the number will be considered an On-net registration. This helps avoid unnecessary surcharges for any unregistered 911 calls.
There are many benefits to choosing VI as your Off-net E911 service provider. Here are a few:
- E911 registration is quick and straightforward in the BackOffice
- Flexibility in address registration
- Dial “933” to test E911 services without unnecessary test calls to 911 operators
- Free email and SMS alert system to notify specific people in the event a call is placed to 911 emergency services
- Categorize similar data by using the E911 Groups feature.