For organizations that still use traditional landlines, SIP trunking creates an easy pathway to VoIP by providing a seamless connection to the business phone system. The projections from Data Bridge Market Research show that adoption rates are on the rise, and we can expect to see the global SIP Trunking market hit almost $29 billion by 2025.
SIP trunking offers significant advantages to Internet Telephony Service Providers (ITSPs), Managed Service Providers (MSPs) and resellers, but there are differences in how SIP trunking is handled. Traditional SIP trunking, for example, is geared toward the end-user who wants to pay one flat fee per month. Sometimes, this price is reduced as part of a multi-year agreement. While there's nothing wrong with this approach, there are other options worth considering. Particularly, wholesale SIP trunking.
Why Wholesale SIP Trunking?
Wholesale SIP trunking has taken off in the last few years, offering enterprise customers the option to be charged based on usage. In this way, customers only pay for minutes used regardless of how many endpoints they have. Essentially, this means you never have to worry about capacity planning again. You can increase or decrease usage on-demand and pay only for the minutes you use.
The benefits of wholesale SIP for ITSPs, MSPs, and resellers are plenty:
- Improved scalability and cost savings: for customers who run a high volume of traffic, it makes sense to switch to wholesale per-minute pricing. It's easier to scale your business efficiently when you're only paying for usage vs. per endpoint group or trunk.
- Predictable, recurring monthly revenue: just as your customers will enjoy cost certainty, you'll enjoy revenue stability (with little incremental costs).
- Increased profitability: there are tons of other services you can sell that can make each account more profitable (E911, SMS, email to fax/fax to email, fraud protection/detection).
SIP trunks are not a hard sell. The technology dramatically lowers communications costs, eliminates the need for long-term commitments, and offers outstanding voice quality. As a reseller though, there's the issue of finding the right partner. Here are a couple of things to look out for:
- Carrier choice: VoIP Innovations, for example, is a virtual competitive local exchange carrier (CLEC) and that means in addition to offering a transparent list of industry-leading carriers, you can also purchase numbers directly from VoIP Innovations. Our numbers have the lowest cost, offer rapid porting, and support all premium services. This structure gives you more choice, autonomy, and control over your SIP trunks to provide the best experience for your end users.
- Fraud protection: the fraud industry is ruthless. Look for a provider that continually monitors systems for unauthorized calling and immediately addresses any suspicious activity.
We know you have many options, and we don't want to sound like those guys, but there's a lot that makes VoIP Innovations a wholesale SIP trunk provider worth considering. Contact our SIP trunking experts to learn more.